The Province of Alberta- Personal Information Privacy Act (PIPA) (2004)
At Nossack Fine Meats Ltd., Nossack Distribution Centre and Nossack Gourmet Foods, your privacy is important to us. We collect and use personal information about you and/or your business to create and maintain a relationship that allows us to provide quality products and services. We are careful to ensure that all information collected is used responsibly, and only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
Effective January 1st, 2004 the province of Alberta passed legislation (The Personal Information Privacy Act or PIPA) that governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, for both clients and staff, by organizations in a manner that recognizes:
- The right of an individual to have his or her personal information protected
- The need of organizations to collect, use or disclose personal information for the reasonable purposes
- The right of access to one's own personal information
We at Nossack Fine Meats, Nossack Distribution Centre and Nossack Gourmet Foods ensure you that we will only collect such personal information that is deemed necessary to give us sufficient information to:
- Open an account
- Establish credit terms
- Determine your needs
All information once collected will be:
- Kept confidential, unless consent is provided in writing to release information to others
- Stored in such a manner to limit access only to those necessary
- Destroyed after a period of seven years of account inactivity
Please review all credit applications, surveys, etc. before submitting them to us, we strive to be as accurate as possible, please notify us immediately of any changes or errors in the information you provide to us.